Prof. Dr. Bettina Weißer
- Since 1 April 2017 Director of the Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law, University of Cologne
- WS 2015/16 Call to the chair for Foreign and International Criminal Law, University of Cologne.
- WS 2013/2014 Call to the chair for German and European Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure at the University of Konstanz (formerly held by Prof. Dr. Jörg Eisele)- declined.
- 8 July 2011-1 April 17 Appointment as Professor (W3) of Criminal Law, University of Muenster.
- April 2011 Call to the chair for Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure at the Institute of Criminal Law at the University of Muenster.
- 2010 - 2011 Acting professor at the Universities of Cologne and Muenster.
- 22 April 2010 Habilitation and venia legendi in criminal law and criminal procedure at the Institute of Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure at the University of Cologne.
- 2005 - 2011 Senior research fellow at the Institute of Foreign and International Criminal Law at the University of Cologne and research assistant to Prof. Dr. Thomas Weigend.
- 2003 - 2005 Grant: "Lise Meitner-Habilitationsstipendiatin" funding through federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- 2001 - 2003 Scientific assistant to Prof. T. Weigend at the Institute of Foreign and International Criminal Law at the University of Cologne.
- 1995 Promotion (Doctorate) (summa cum laude).
- 1993 -1995 Doctorate candidate at the University of Konstanz under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Rudolf Rengier.
- 1988 - 1993 Studies in law at the University of Konstanz.
- May 2016: Election as ordinary member of the European Academy of Science and Art (Klasse 5, Sozial-, Rechts- und Wirtschaftswissenschaften).
- since April 2016: Fellow of Transnational Program on Criminal Justice, University of California, School of Law, Los Angeles.
- since May 2013 Member of the committee of the German Law Faculty Day.
- since 2012 Member of a DFG-network of criminal law experts on the role of comparative law regarding Europeaniszation of criminal justice.
- 2011/2012 Expert of the DAAD (Deutschen Akademischen Austauschdienstes) for support programs for top and elite groups in Africa.
- since 2011 Member of a network of European criminal law experts on the topic „Multiculturalidad y Derecho Penal".
- since 2009 Member of the workshop "Arbeitskreises Völkerstrafrecht der Universität zu Köln".
- since 2008 Member of the Gesellschaft für Rechtsvergleichung (Society of comparative law); 2008-2015 secretary of professional group for comparative criminal law. Since September 2015 head of the professional group for comparative criminal law and member of board.
- Since 2007 Member of the Association internationale de droit pénal; in preparation of the AIDP-world congress 2009 german correspondent of section I „Erweiterte Formen der Vorbereitung und der Teilnahme“; in preparation of the world congress 2014 german correspondent of section II "Cyber Crime - The Information Society and Related Crimes".